From the Desktop Application:
- Click the pen and paper icon at the top of the Recent tab. The “New Message” prompt should appear on the screen (displayed above).
- Follow the prompt at the top of the screen and enter individual’s names or email addresses to add them to the group.
- Once finished adding members to the new conversation, type a message into the message bar at the bottom of the screen to begin the conversation.
From a Mobile iOS Device:
Within the iOS app, there are two very simple ways to start a 1:1 conversation with a coworker.
- Under the Recent tab, there is a search bar at the very top of the screen. Tapping it allows you to type and search for a specific individual’s name or email address. Select the desired individual’s name to be directed to a New Message screen.
- From the Directory tab, you can start a new conversation by either manually searching through the company directory and selecting someone, or clicking the search icon (denoted by a magnifying glass) and typing the desired person’s name into the search bar.
To create a new group message, click the Directory tab.
- In the Directory tab, click the word Groups in the top right of the screen.
- Click the icon that looks like a plus next to a person. This brings up the New Group screen
- Name the group, and type in the desired people you wish to contact. Once finished, click the word “Create” in the top right-hand corner of the app.
From a Mobile Android Device:
To create a new group message, click the Groups tab (the center icon).
- In the Groups tab, click the red circle icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. This brings up the New Group Screen.
- Name the group, and type in the people you wish to start a conversation with. Once finished, click the word “Create” in the top right-hand corner of the app.