Zinc provides the ability to set up groups to acts as a hotline for teams to get immediate answers when on the job. Setting up a Hotline group is a great way to get immediate help from a central team. Members of the Hotline effectively take the next inbound request for help and conduct a 1:1 conversation to handle the issue.
Why use a Hotline Group?
Hotline groups are great to help mitigate the number of emails, phone calls or rogue Zinc conversations a group of people may be getting to solve problems. This group of people could be experts, a specific department, or just individuals that are good at answering questions. By setting up a Hotline group you can:
- Enable employees to find answers quicker, and solve their problems easier.
- Make it easier for people to talk across department or functional lines.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of all users.
- Track help requests inside the same platform where all communication conversations takes place.
How do I use the Hotline Group?
1. From your conversations, start a new message, and type in the name of the hotline in the "to" field.
**Tip- Search "Hotline" to easily pull up all the Hotline Groups available to you**
2. Type your message into the chat window
3. A message will be sent to the Hotline Group, and an staff member will join you in the chat to address your question.
4. The staffer will leave the conversation when they are finished helping you.