Embedded Zinc allows users to create and conduct contextually based conversations that are attached to Salesforce or ServiceMax objects. These conversations appear on the object itself and enable users to collaborate without leaving their Salesforce or ServiceMax environment.
Signing in and Connecting your Zinc Account
After the Embedded Zinc package has been installed into your Salesforce or ServiceMax environment, users must sign in to their Zinc account and connect it with Salesforce:
- Log in to ServiceMax and navigate to an object where Embedded Zinc is installed.
2. Enter the email address associated with your Zinc account under 'Work Email'.
3. Input the 4-digit verification code sent to your email.
4. Select the 'Connect' button to tie your Zinc account to your ServiceMax instance (note: you may be required to input your ServiceMax credentials).
5. Once complete, you will be able to create a new connected conversation by adding members to the group and sending a message.
Using Embedded Zinc
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I'm not a member of the group? Can I still view the conversation?
Users that arrive on objects with existing connected conversations have the ability to join and view the discussion by selecting 'Join Group'. Upon entry, the user will be able to view all previous conversation history.
How do I leave a group?
Navigate to the Group Settings screen and select 'Leave Group'.
How do I view the conversation when I'm not using Embedded Zinc?
Connected conversations will appear just like any other group within the Zinc app for both Desktop and Mobile users.